Re: Interior Light Placement

To: kwaringa@dynsys.com
Subject: Re: Interior Light Placement
From: Philip E Bacon <pboldtrix@juno.com>
Date: Mon, 9 Oct 2000 15:43:07 -0400
Cc: triumphs@autox.team.net

On Mon, 9 Oct 2000 08:00:20 -0500 "Ken Waringa" <kwaringa@dynsys.com>
writes:

>Thanks to John Rossi, I now have an interior light for my 71 TR6.
>Could
>anyone please tell me where the light is supposed to be located.  I
>know it
>goes on the tunnel between the seats, but does it go all the way back
>against the shelf, or forward more between the seats.  I'm not worried
>about
>exact factory placement, but I would like to get close.
>
>Thanks,
>
>Ken Waringa
>
>Ken -- If  you're not interested in originality, you might like my
solution.  I felt Triumph really dropped the ball with the location...it
sits on the tunnel, slightly forward of the rear shelf and lights
absolutely nothing!!
     I bought an extra light from TRF and mounted two of them on the left
and right sides of the dash support, just below the gear shift.  Wired
them together and when either door is opened, both footwells are flooded
with light.  Of course,  this is not concours, but folks who have noticed
the installation at shows always comment favorably.  Phil