cooler weather adjustments

To: triumphs@autox.team.net
Subject: cooler weather adjustments
From: DShoop7572@aol.com
Date: Mon, 9 Oct 2000 16:07:04 EDT
    Thanks to all who responded. I put a 180 stat in, it had a 160. I also
gave each mixture adj screw a 90 degree turn ( Strombergs) Then another 90
degree turn after not too much difference was noticed. The morning turned
from overcast to rain and that's as far as I got. The temp guage reads about
15% hotter. I am going to try to get to a grocery store for " candy "
thermometer. I wish my gauge was a little more vague!!!!
Is a 180 degree turn huge? As I understand it, I'm making the mix richer
which may reduce the length of time the choke needs to be out.
                                        Dave