Re: Interior Light Placement

To: Philip E Bacon <pboldtrix@juno.com>
Subject: Re: Interior Light Placement
From: erl@unix.mail.virginia.edu
Date: Mon, 9 Oct 2000 17:38:42 -0400 (EDT)
Cc: kwaringa@dynsys.com, triumphs@autox.team.net
Mmdf-warning: Parse error in original version of preceding line at mail.virginia.edu
On the interior light issue, I put a couple of the trunk lights in mine.
You use a Dremel rotary grinder to make the holes in the panels that are
just above the trans tunnel, that close off the heater, and wire them into
the little switch that in the center of the console, just in front of the
shift lever.  You can also link them into the door switches.  Work like a
charm.  I bought new lights from TRF.  Exact match of the the car, in that
they are Lucas.

Cheers

On Mon, 9 Oct 2000, Philip
E Bacon wrote:

> On Mon, 9 Oct 2000 08:00:20 -0500 "Ken Waringa" <kwaringa@dynsys.com>
> writes:
> >
> >Thanks to John Rossi, I now have an interior light for my 71 TR6.
> >Could
> >anyone please tell me where the light is supposed to be located.  I
> >know it
> >goes on the tunnel between the seats, but does it go all the way back
> >against the shelf, or forward more between the seats.  I'm not worried
> >about
> >exact factory placement, but I would like to get close.
> >
> >Thanks,
> >
> >Ken Waringa
> >
> >Ken -- If  you're not interested in originality, you might like my
> solution.  I felt Triumph really dropped the ball with the location...it
> sits on the tunnel, slightly forward of the rear shelf and lights
> absolutely nothing!!
>      I bought an extra light from TRF and mounted two of them on the left
> and right sides of the dash support, just below the gear shift.  Wired
> them together and when either door is opened, both footwells are flooded
> with light.  Of course,  this is not concours, but folks who have noticed
> the installation at shows always comment favorably.  Phil

James A. Ruffner