RE: Self tapping screws.

To: <triumphs@autox.team.net>
Subject: RE: Self tapping screws.
From: "Don Clark" <d@seanet.com>
Date: Mon, 9 Oct 2000 13:53:30 -0700charset="iso-8859-1"
What about a threaded insert? There are some that are installed like pop
rivets where you don't have to have access to the back side of the piece. I
have used them on tubing and they have worked fairly well. I think that the
big trick is to get them on tight the first time so that they don't turn
while you are tightening or loosening them.

Here's a picture of one.

http://www.tec-n-tec.com/Rivetec/Astrotec/ARAN.htm

Don Clark
Seattle, WA