RE: Canadian Buyer / U.S. Car

To: "' Philip Smith'" <smith007@mindspring.com>
Subject: RE: Canadian Buyer / U.S. Car
From: "Musson, Carl" <musson@chekhov.arts.usf.edu>
Date: Thu, 12 Oct 2000 17:04:14 -0400charset="iso-8859-1"
Cc: "'triumphs@autox.team.net'" <triumphs@autox.team.net>
Phil - you will need to sign over the title for the vehicle (I believe the
"form" is on the back).  You should NOT give him tag or registration as this
could create a liability question and is probably illegal.   He might be
referring to the title.  With regards to the tag question, I purchased a
vehicle in another state and was required to get a temporary tag in that
state to transport the vehicle back to Florida.  You might call the DMV and
get their read on it.

The idea of the bill of sale is the transferring of ownership to the buyer.
The signed title could suffice but I don't think it assigns a value or
establishes specific date/time of transfer.

I found one on the web at http://www.ilrg.com/forms/billsale.html and you
will see that the transaction needs to be done in front of a notary.   Most
banks will provide that service.

Hope this helps
Carl