RE: Canadian Buyer / U.S. Car

To: "'Philip Smith'" <smith007@mindspring.com>, <triumphs@autox.team.net>
Subject: RE: Canadian Buyer / U.S. Car
From: "Jim Altman" <jaltman@altlaw.com>
Date: Thu, 12 Oct 2000 22:07:37 -0400charset="iso-8859-1"
Its common to make the check payable to the seller AND the lien holder with
instructions for the lien holder to obtain the signature of the seller on
the title and forward the signed, released title to the buyer. Banks are
usually pretty cooperative with the process since there are so many
refinances and transfers of collateral out there.

Jim Altman  jaltman@altlaw.com Illigitimi non Carborundum
http://www.altlaw.com/metro/jaltman.html    69-TR6 76-TR7 80-TR8  W4UCK