Re: Canadian Buyer / U.S. Car

To: <TexasTR4@aol.com>, <triumphs@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: Canadian Buyer / U.S. Car
From: "Steven McCutcheon" <Steven.McCutcheon@MAH.GOV.ON.CA>
Date: Fri, 13 Oct 2000 10:01:17 -0400
I notice all the Canadians have stayed ominously quiet during this thread.
Personally, aside from the periodic jibes, I think you guys are right on with
your advice to our friendly seller.  One thing that may have created some of
this thread is that here in Ontario (and most of Canada) we do not have
"Titles" per se, our Provincial registration IS our title, or as we call it our
"ownership".  Similar to your Title, our ownership must be signed-over on the
back and the ownership part of the document given to the purchaser.  Without it
he can't transfer title and get a new ownership.  In your case, all you need
give him is the signed Title and a Bill of Sale.  He really only needs the Bill
of Sale so that he can pay the customs bill.  The state tags or registration
won't help him (unless he intends to illegally drive it home).
Steve Mc
Milton, ON

>>> <TexasTR4@aol.com> 10/12/00 06:23PM >>>

In a message dated 10/12/2000 12:18:15 PM Pacific Daylight Time,