Re: Interesting item on eBay web site item#465770266: Triumph TR3 TR3A

To: Bill Brewer <bbrewer@lightspeed.net>
Subject: Re: Interesting item on eBay web site item#465770266: Triumph TR3 TR3A TR3B Side Curtain Set
From: George Richardson <gprtech@frontiernet.net>
Date: Fri, 13 Oct 2000 09:05:23 -0400
Cc: Triumphs <triumphs@autox.team.net>
The problem with TRF was the long lead time. Some people have told me
that TRF wouldn't be able to get their side curtains done for almost a
year.

On top of that, like convertible tops, side curtains take a beating and
occasionally need to be replaced. Anything like that that I can do will
save me lots of cash over the long haul. Plus I can do a set in a
weekend of spare time, once I have the materials, so I don't have to
wait on anyone.

I spent spare moments doing it, and tossed out the first one, but I had
no model to work from, just bare frames. I think they turned out great.
I did one other pair for Henry Frye, you can ask him what he thinks of
them.

On the other hand, I did buy an old sewing machine at a flea market for
$15 and used it (with constant help, since it wasn't powerful enough on
it's own) to sew them. Since then I spent $100 on an old Singer
industrial machine, since I've been sewing interiors and fixing other
canvas stuff quite a bit. I've been using it on my Jag, TR6 and Stag
work.

I wouldn't pay someone else to do it.

I don't know who else does rebuilds.