Re: Canadian Buyer / U.S. Car (long)

Subject: Re: Canadian Buyer / U.S. Car (long)
From: "Lawrence R Zink" <zink@pdq.net>
Date: Sat, 14 Oct 2000 08:40:30 -0500charset="iso-8859-1"
Steve,
The reason that you got the tags is because in Texas the tags stay with the
car and not the owner.  The tags are sold for the vehicle that they are
originally purchased for and remain with it for the vehicles life or 8
years.  I found it hard to work this way also, I moved to Texas from Kansas
and the tags belonged to the person and not the car.  I beleive that tags go
to the vehicle in California also and not the driver/owner.

Larry Zink