RE: Seeking the impossible (was halogen panel lights)

To: Jim Hill <Jim_Hill@chsra.wisc.edu>
Subject: RE: Seeking the impossible (was halogen panel lights)
From: David Massey <105671.471@compuserve.com>
Date: Mon, 16 Oct 2000 21:37:55 -0400
Cc: "'Triumph List '" <triumphs@autox.team.net>, "'John Macartney '" <jonmac@ndirect.co.uk> charset=ISO-8859-1
Message text written by Jim Hill
>Jonmac wrote:

>We live today in a far too specific world.
>We demand total accuracy. Nothing less
>than perfection will suffice.

>When it comes to owning and driving any
>LBC worth its salt that's 30 plus years
>old, a vague approximation of what is going
>on at any given time is as much as we should
>reasonably aspire to or expect.

Quite true. For myself, a "vague approximation of what is going on" is
about
all I can muster under any circumstances...so I neither want nor ask for
more from the car.
<

That's what I told the officer.  I had a vague approximation of how fast I
was going.  He was not amused.  So I made a vague approximation to the
policemen's retirement fund and now have a vague approximation of zero
points on my license.

Dave (with approximately three TR's)  (and approximately 18 cylinders
between them)

P.S. ;-)