Re: Seeking the impossible (was halogen panel lights)

To: "Phil Ethier" <pethier@isd.net>
Subject: Re: Seeking the impossible (was halogen panel lights)
From: David Massey <105671.471@compuserve.com>
Date: Wed, 18 Oct 2000 11:16:07 -0400
Cc: "Jim Hill" <Jim_Hill@chsra.wisc.edu>, "David Massey" <105671.471@compuserve.com>, "'John Macartney '" <jonmac@ndirect.co.uk>, "'Triumph List '" <triumphs@autox.team.net> charset=ISO-8859-1
Message text written by "Phil Ethier"
>>That's what I told the officer.  I had a vague approximation of how fast
>was going.  He was not amused.  So I made a vague approximation to the
>policemen's retirement fund and now have a vague approximation of zero
>points on my license.

You may live in Chicago.  That could get you a vague approximation of three
squares in a box hereabouts.
<

You would be suprised at how ubiquitous programs for exchanging points for
additional funds are.  Call it plea bargaining, call it supervision, call
it what you like but few law enforcement agencies are immune to this
temptation.

Just don't try bribing the officer.

Dave