distributors & batteries

To: triumphs@autox.team.net
Subject: distributors & batteries
From: John Summers <trumpet@bellsouth.net>
Date: Tue, 17 Oct 2000 22:08:35 -0400
I have always wondered if modern manufacturers of distributors make one
for a 1974 TR 6.  I know the catalogs we get seem to have Mallory
distributors for all but the '74.  Does anyone know?

Also, FYI, I bought an Optima battery last October because I thought it
was the end-all and be-all of batteries.  I don't need my TR 6 for
everyday use right now so I haven't driven it a whole lot since March
but for the last month it wouldn't start.  It will turn over, an over,
and over.  Finally after a few seconds, click-click-click.  Took the
battery back yesterday & it's no good.  I get to go back tomorrow to
settle with them.  When I told them it was in a TR 6 eyebrows were
raised.
Anyway, Optima (seems to)= Wal Mart in a TR 6.
Just wonderin'.
John Summers