RE: distributors & batteries

To: triumphs@autox.team.net
Subject: RE: distributors & batteries
From: Randall Young <ryoung@NAVCOMTECH.COM>
Date: Tue, 17 Oct 2000 19:27:30 -0700
John :

Any lead-acid battery, including an Optima, can be ruined by leaving it in a
discharged state for very long.  This can easily be caused by a small
electrical leak in a car that's not driven very much.  When you get the
replacement, try pulling off a battery cable any time you plan to not drive the
car for a few days or more.  I think you'll have much better luck ...

Another alternative (if there is AC power handy to where the car is stored) is
a regulated "battery maintainer", like the one Harbor Freight sometimes has on
sale for $10.

Randall