Re: inirtia reel seat belts

To: Lewis Eig <leig@crestron.com>
Subject: Re: inirtia reel seat belts
From: Bill Kelly <bk54@erols.com>
Date: Sun, 22 Oct 2000 01:53:31 -0400
Cc: Triumph Digest <triumphs@autox.team.net>, Jenifer Kelly Hale <jkh28@aol.com>
What Lewis neglected to mention is that my lovely daughters and I were
in my Herald. It was a spectacular shirtsleeve day here in the NYC area.
We took the dog for a run in the woods (dog travelled in wife's Saturn -
he's a rather large dog, so the five of us couldn't fit in the Herald,
or the Saturn for that matter). The woods in question are about 2 miles
from Lewis' house so, having found out there was a new TR6 in the area
just this morning, we made a side trip on the way home.

Lewis - nice car! And congratulations on the 1-handed seat belt
installation. Glad I could help, even if only by inspiration (and the
tip on where to look for the inertia reel mount).

Sis - Lewis lives about 4 doors up from The Rec.

Does anybody out there know what range of TR6 had the little white
plastic receptacle on the sill for the seat belt tongue? My Dad's '73
had it, but Lewis' '74 doesn't.

One more cool thing about Lewis - his parents owned a Herald when they
first got married. He says they bought a pair of beaters a number of
years ago from some guy in upstate NY. Andy?

Bill Kelly