New hub puller availability

To: triumphs@autox.team.net
Subject: New hub puller availability
From: a Wallace <wallaces@superaje.com>
Date: Sun, 22 Oct 2000 10:37:11 -0400
You may recall that a few months back I was the go-between guy getting hub
pullers made by a machinist near here and sent out to whomever needed one.
After 16 units, I'm cutting myself out of the loop.
If you need one, you can contact John Hamilton directly at hammach@istar.ca.
Through the 16 units, revisions were made such that the puller now fits the
range from TR 3-6. John has now improved the design yet again, such that on
the end of the screw there's a ball-bearing and a cap, so that with many
uses the end of the screw won't tend to flare.
The price is $225 US now, which is higher than the first 16 units. There
are two factors - he didn't make money the first time around, and, the
screw has been improved. (I forget now whether he said that includes shipping.)
If you missed out the first time around, you still have the opportunity. If
it seems expensive, perhaps a club could buy one and members could borrow
it. Just a thought.
Thanks again to Tony Gordon for the original design.
Regards,
Jim Wallace