Re: Lucas Coil number

To: " Triumph list" <triumphs@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: Lucas Coil number
From: TeriAnn Wakeman <twakeman@cruzers.com>
Date: Sun, 22 Oct 00 07:53:51 -0700
>A quick question for TR4A owners.

Well I'm not a 4A owner so my numbers will be a little early.

>Could someone please advise what is the correct Lucas, standard fitment,
>ignition coil identification number for the TR4A.

But I do have a 1963 Lucas parts catalogue for Standard & Triumph
vehicles.

The 1963 Triumph TR4 standard fittment coil was model HA12, Lucas part #
45132D

For cold climates a BA7 coil # 45139A/B was fitted.

SInce I have the book out...

Distributors
 {early 1963}
86mm engine DM2P4
  {Late 1963}
high compression 86mm 25D4
Low compression 86 mm 25D4
83mm (special order) 25D4

>I can not find a refference for it in the workshop manual.
For that it helps to have the correct year Lucas cataogue.

Hope these numbers are close enough to help you

TeriAnn
                      http://www.overlander.net

  The world's most complete set of links connecting Rover 4X4 owners
  with Rover parts, service, accessory & sales companies world wide.