Re: Coating for clean (ed) parts?

To: Richard.R.Olson@tc.faa.gov, triumphs@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: Coating for clean (ed) parts?
From: Chip19474@aol.com
Date: Mon, 23 Oct 2000 11:47:28 EDT
In a message dated 00-10-23 09:57:46 EDT, Richard.R.Olson@tc.faa.gov writes:

<< The linkage came up very shiny;
      it looks like it was plated (chrome?), actually looks nice.

      Now, how do I keep it that way?  Is there any recommended way to
      preserve the shine (wax? clear paint?). >>

Rick,

I've been using Rustoleum Clear Coat Satin spray for parts on my TR6
restoration that I want to protect and maintain the natural finished
texture....pieces like upper ball joints, U Joints, sway bar brackets,
trunnion, etc....works well and dries fast.

chip

Chip Krout
'76 TR6 CF57822U (restoration underway & looking quite spiffy)
'70 Spit Mk3  FDU78512L (enjoying the fall weather!)