SUMMARY: Emergency

To: Bill & Skip Pugh <anabil@caltel.com>
Subject: SUMMARY: Emergency
From: David Massey <105671.471@compuserve.com>
Date: Mon, 23 Oct 2000 20:13:25 -0400
Cc: "[unknown]" <triumphs@autox.team.net> charset=ISO-8859-1
Message text written by Bill & Skip Pugh
>       Turns out TeriAnn hit it right on the head, Good Fuel Pump,
Bad Clogged fuel line...somewhere back from the pump to the tank. Now
all I have to worry about is What Clogged it, and will it happen
again??  Guess I will add a can of compressed air to my emergency kit.
<

Who says girls don't knkow cars?

If you are as luck as I am (which is to say not very) then your DPO did the
same thing mine did and put the fuel sender in using silicone sealer which
oozes into the tank and plugs the fuel line.  It took two attemtps to get
it all out and I'm still not sure I got it all.

What ever you do, don't do what I did.  In hind sight it was pretty dumb.
I used an air hose to back flush the obstruction back into the tank.  I
know it is a pain but drain the tank (there is a drain plug just for this)
and take the fuel line loose and then back flush the line to blow the
obstruction onto the underside of the tank (instead of the inside).

Then hunt down the previous owner and kill him.  (just kidding)

Dave Massey
57 TR3 (and others)