TR-3A suspension noise question

To: triumphs@autox.team.net
Subject: TR-3A suspension noise question
From: John Cowan <jfcowan@pacbell.net>
Date: Wed, 25 Oct 2000 09:56:21 -0700
    Often when I brake at low to moderate speed, I hear a sound from below
the car.  It's somewhere between a 'click' and a 'clack' (no - it isn't the
tappet brothers under there), slightly muffled, sometimes louder, sometime
softer.  Less often, I hear it when accelerating.
    My first thought was that something is loose in the front suspension,
although there is nothing obvious that can be seen or moved by hand.
Steering was overhauled recently, but the sound started before that and
still persists.
    I haven't looked at the rear suspension yet, although the noise seems a
bit more forward than rearward (I'm terrible at locating sounds).
    The drive train might also be suspect, but I'm not sure how to pursue
that theory diagnostically.
    I'd appreciate any suggestions you might have to offer.
Thanks.
    John Cowan

     Forward this review to a friend.  To subscribe, send email to:
jfcowan@pacbell.net.  Check out previous reviews at:
http://home.pacbell.net/jfcowan