RE: RE: brake upgrade

To: Triumphs@autox.team.net, ryoung@NAVCOMTECH.COM
Subject: RE: RE: brake upgrade
From: lee.k.janssen@lmco.com
Date: Wed, 25 Oct 2000 12:49:34 -0600
[SMTP:lee.k.janssen@lmco.com] wrote:

>> For the same brake fluif pressure the 7/8" bore will create 56.2 percent more
>> force than a 0.7" bore.
>> For the same coefficient of friction more force will generate a shorter
>> stopping distance.

>That's all true, but only if your hydraulic system (and right leg) cannot
> generate enough pressure to lock the wheels.  Is this the case on a TR6 ?  ...
> Balance is extremely important to optimize a braking system.  Having one set
>of
> brakes be more effective than the other is _not_ the way to the shortest
> stopping distance.  ... Any fixed
> proportion (like our beloved TRs) is a compromise at best.

All four wheels appear to lock up at the same time (Toyota calipers + 7/8" rear
cylinders).
I have an proportional valve installed on the rear brake line in anticipation
of having a balance problem.
No problems were ever evident.

Installation of a proportional valve is a minor modification and might help
your TR3 braking problems.

Hope this helps
Lee