Re: Grease Nipple Lower Wishbone

To: Michael Marr <mmarr@idcnet.com>
Subject: Re: Grease Nipple Lower Wishbone
From: fogbro1 <fogbro1@bellatlantic.net>
Date: Thu, 26 Oct 2000 21:16:20 -0400
Beg to differ. I dug out the tap for this application. It's marked
1/8-28 BSPP G HS 55 degrees. It is not tapered. I would guess that the
second "P" is for "plug" as in plug tap, which this one is.

 A 'Merican 1/8 NPT is greater in diameter, .4050" vs. .3830" and has
fewer threads per inch (O.K. 1 fewer), 27 vs. 28 than the BSP. I don't
believe you'll find a grease fitting in your local auto parts store that
fits the wishbone properly and that's because it's not a 1/8 NPT.

Yeah, I'm a nit picker, but I have a pet peeve about proper fasteners.

Ed Woods

Reference: Metric and British catalog no. 3010; Metric and Multistandard
Components Corp.