tr7 BFH#17

To: Triumphs@autox.team.net, british-cars@autox.team.net, tr8@mercury.lcs.mit.edu
Subject: tr7 BFH#17
From: Eganb@aol.com
Date: Fri, 27 Oct 2000 19:09:58 EDT
And you would have thought I would have checked on this before, but what
clearances am I looking for with the Plastigage?

The manual talks about the main bearing diametrical clearance being .0012 to
.0022
and the big-end bearings having a diametrical clearance of .0008 to .0023.

Is one of those the rod bearings, or do I need to look for another spec?  Are
the big-end bearings what I have been calling the main bearings?

And that's some range for the big-end bearings....

Hey, what do you mean you're coming to take away my tools for asking too many
questions!......

Bruce
1980 Inca Yellow TR7 5-speed convertible
Chapel Hill, NC