Re: TR3 F/Susp shims ?

To: "Michael Ferguson" <fergie@ntplx.net>
Subject: Re: TR3 F/Susp shims ?
From: David Massey <105671.471@compuserve.com>
Date: Mon, 30 Oct 2000 06:53:39 -0500
Cc: TRlist <triumphs@autox.team.net>, Pat <pleask@mailhost.wlc.com> charset=ISO-8859-1
Message text written by "Michael Ferguson"
>Pat, I HOPE the reason you found no mention of the shims in the manual is
that there ARE no shims - at least none that I'm aware of. If there are,
then mine are missing. I rebuilt the front end last winter and, since no
shims came off, none went back on.
<

The TR2,3, and 4 had fixed geometry and was not adjustable for camber and
caster.  The TR4A, 5, 250, 6 and Spitfires, however had provisions for
shims to adjust the caster and camber.  The Wedges retro'd to the non
adjustable status.

INTERNATIONAL CONTENT:  Since the TR2/3/4 is a derivation of the Vangard I
would assume that the Vangard shares the non-adjustable status.  The
Spitfire relied heavily on the Hearld so I would assume that the Herald has
shims for adjustment.  I can't comment on the other Saloons as I haven't
had much opportunity to examine these.

Dave Massey