Re: TR3 Stop light switch

To: "Gary Allgood" <leyte@lvs.net>
Subject: Re: TR3 Stop light switch
From: David Massey <105671.471@compuserve.com>
Date: Tue, 31 Oct 2000 06:20:47 -0500
Cc: "Musson, Carl" <musson@chekhov.arts.usf.edu>, "[unknown]" <triumphs@autox.team.net> charset=ISO-8859-1
Message text written by "Gary Allgood"
>I am trying to get my TR4's brake lights to work. Is this switch the same
one that controls the brake lights? I am used to my 60's GM vehicles, where
the brake light switch is mounted behind the brake pedal and switches the
brake lights off and on.
<

Gary,

Most of these cars had a pressure operated brake light switch that is
plumbed into the brake hydraulic circuit.  It is mounted down on the frame
on the right side of the car where the brake lines branch off to the two
fronts and the rear brakes.  These switches are notorious for becoming more
and more difficult to make light up.

BTW, all the cars with a dual circuit brakes have a pedal operated light
switch.

Dave Massey