Fuel Problem 1 fixed...Now to 2

To: "Triumph List" <triumphs@autox.team.net>
Subject: Fuel Problem 1 fixed...Now to 2
From: "Scott A. Roberts" <herald1200@home.com>
Date: Thu, 1 Feb 2001 16:58:49 -0500
Hi Guys!

Well, through the help of the new fuel pump (Thanks again Jim!) I have the
fuel supply problem covered. Now the carb is being annoying! Either it runs
full choke and high idle, or it runs like grandpa in front of the game after
Thanksgiving dinner.(Starts, runs, sputters out.) I am trying to make the
Solex work better, but not having much luck, so I am rebuilding the dual
SU's, and will probably put them on once I find a venue(my 4-2-1 Spitfire
manifold needs some slight repair) I may mutilate one of my spare 1250
manifold combos, by cutting free the intake and grinding down the cast
mounts, so the exhaust manifold is leveled- this should accommodate the dual
SU's temporarily. Any ideas? (Anybody have a decent 4-2-1 they'd like to
trade for a 1250 manifold?)

Scott
64 Herald 1200 CV with carb issues.