Re: Quality back in 78

To: "Michael D. Porter" <mporter@zianet.com>
Subject: Re: Quality back in 78
From: "Scott A. Roberts" <herald1200@home.com>
Date: Thu, 1 Feb 2001 16:52:27 -0500
Cc: "Triumph List" <triumphs@autox.team.net>
Reminds me of what happened when I worked at a Pontiac dealer back in the
mid 80's- Mechanic helping with the delivery of new cars backed a Bonneville
wagon carefully off the truck, and proceeded to get broadsided by a car
which lost control on the ice.

Of course, thats not half as interesting as what happens whey they park a
row of about thirty cars in the auto transport siding, and the last one in
line is a little too close to the tracks. I have pictures of a whole bunch
of brand new Corsicas and Berettas at the Wilmington Delaware/Elsmere siding
for GM in all sorts of poses- flipped, rolled, wedged under each other. All
because someone parked too close. (I have memories of them forklifting cars
right off the line when they found a defect- took them out, crushed the roof
with the forks, and dropped the whole thing in a dumpster!)

Scott
64 Herald 1200 Convertible