TR6 Brake Master Cylinder Problem

To: triumphs@autox.team.net
Subject: TR6 Brake Master Cylinder Problem
From: Daniel Julien <dgjulien@swbell.net>
Date: Thu, 1 Feb 2001 21:22:53 -0600
A while back I rebuilt the brake master cylinder on my TR6 to cure a sinking
brake pedal. Afterwards, there was no one around to help with bleeding, so
I went to the auto parts store and picked up a Mity-Vac. Everything seemed
fine, nice solid pedal. As time went on I realized that it didn't seem to
stop as well, and the front tires would squeal a little when braking. Well,
it turns out only the front brakes were working. The Mity-Vac will suck fluid
out of the bleed screw, but stepping on the brake does nothing. So, what
could be wrong. I'm going to disassemble the master cylinder again, but I'm
afraid when I get it apart, I won't see anything wrong. I don't want to make
the same mistake again when I put it back together. Anyone have any ideas
what I could have done wrong?

--
Dan Julien
Austin, Texas