Re: TR6 Brake Master Cylinder Problem

To: levilevi <levilevi@home.com>
Subject: Re: TR6 Brake Master Cylinder Problem
From: Daniel Julien <djulien@swbell.net>
Date: Thu, 1 Feb 2001 22:29:53 -0600
Cc: triumphs@autox.team.net, Daniel Julien <dgjulien@swbell.net>
On Thu, Feb 01, 2001 at 09:08:43PM -0700, levilevi wrote:
> If I understand the brake problem you're having (and I'm a little sketchy on
> what you mean by "the Mity-Vac will suck fluid out of the bleed screw, but
> stepping on the brake does nothing") my guess is that the PDWA may be
> off-centered.

I'm thinking that means that there is not an obstruction in the line anywhere,
since the vacuum pump pulls fluid through the line just fine, put pushing on
the pedal doesn't produce a squirt of fluid like it should. That's what makes
me think the problem is in the MC.

> If your brake failure light on your dash works, is the light on your REALLY
> bright, as in WAY brighter than normal?  That would be an additional symptom
> of a PDWA off-centered.

... description of procedure deleted ...

> I hope this makes sense. It should make more sense once you actually look at
> the inside of the PDWA. You shouldn't have to remove the PDWA in order to
> center the cylinder.  And you won't hurt anything by checking to see if it's
> centered even if it doesn't solve your problem...and this is an easy
> solution so it's worth a shot.  It's certainly easier than going through
> your MC again.

Bud,
Thanks for the reply. The light in my dash doesn't work, so no help there.
However, I will check the PDWA. I don't really want to get into the MC again
if I don't have to.

Dan Julien

[This message delayed, as it needed manual intervention by the list
administrator.  mjb.]