Bead Blasting cabinet from HB - Substituted Part

To: "Triumph List" <triumphs@autox.team.net>
Subject: Bead Blasting cabinet from HB - Substituted Part
From: "Brian Sanborn" <sanborn@net1plus.com>
Date: Fri, 2 Feb 2001 11:40:45 -0500
Hey Guys,

I just goy home from a business trip and found a big box from HB.
To my disappointment... it was not what I ordered.  They seem to
have made a bait and switch on me.

I you remember they had offered there their #35604 $129 large
bench top cabinet for $64.99.  They also called out a # 35636
$12.99 light kit.  I ordered the 2 items online the same day that
the e-mails cam out on the list.

They have shipped me a part# 38440 which is currently priced at
$89.99... deleted the light kit the unit has a built in light.
and charged me the original $64.99 price.  This is not a bad deal
IF I wanted a very small bench top unit.  But I bit on the deal
because it was a nice big cabinet that I could store away when
not needed and would still accommodate the biggish TR parts.

The #35604 is no longer available on the website and is marked as
"discontinued".  They never called, E-mailed or snail-mailed with
the out of stock alternative.

Of the guys that ordered.... What did you get???

Of the bead blaster experts... should I keep this unit or send it
back.  It is quite a bit smaller and is accessed from the top
like opening a square shipping container.

See this URL for more info:

BENCHTOP ABRASIVE BLAST CABINET WITH LIGHT
http://www.harborfreight.com/cpi/taf/displayitem.taf?Itemnumber=3
8440

Brian Sanborn
'62 TR4  CT16260L soon to be "O" - Groton, MA

My TR4 Restoration Web Site
http://www.net1plus.com/users/sanborn
E-Mail: sanborn@net1plus.com