Re: TR 4 Bumper Bar Questions

To: <sltucker1@earthlink.net>, <triumphs@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: TR 4 Bumper Bar Questions
From: Herald948@aol.com
Date: Fri, 02 Feb 2001 11:55:47 EST
In a message dated Fri, 2 Feb 2001 10:25:24 AM Eastern Standard Time, Susan
Tucker <sltucker1@earthlink.net> writes:

<< A couple of responses to my web page post commented that the bumper bar is
"fairly rare."  I have not seen one of those other than the one that is on my
car.  So how "rare" are they?... >>

Susan, that bar likely was made by American Carry-All Products Co., usually
better known as AMCO, and was essentially a "factory-approved" accessory
usually available through and fitted by the dealer. Of course, they were also
available through AMCO and the many companies that sold the AMCO line. There is
a picture of a TR4 with the "Front Bumper Guard" in a circa 1964 "Triumph
Accessories" brochure, which was reprinted in VTR's _The Vintage Triumph_ issue
#69, Summer 1998.

There was also a bar for the TR4A, but it was quite different in mounting.
AFAIK, it would NOT fit the TR4 owing to the difference in location of the
"stock" bumper overriders.

--Andy
Andrew Mace, President, The Vintage Triumph Register