Re: TR6 clutch master pushrod

To: Jeff Johnson <76TR6@flashcom.net>, Triumphs <triumphs@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: TR6 clutch master pushrod
From: "Power British Performance Parts, Inc." <britcars@powerbritish.com>
Date: Fri, 02 Feb 2001 19:22:28 -0500
Jeff Johnson wrote:

> List,
>
> In my current redo, I find that the holes in the clutch master pushrod are
> very egg-shaped and that the arm itself is not available as a part separate
> from a complete master cylinder (at $120.) The cylinder itself is in
> excellent condition and I do not want to part with that kind of money.
> First, I believe that I could have the holes welded over and then
> re-drilled, or just cut off the current end and have a new one fabricated
> and welded on.  (Sounds like a pain)
> Second, someone on the list may have an NOS or nice used part lurking about
> and would like to sell it a reasonable price.
> Anyone have an idea?
>

> Thanks,
> Jeff Johnson
> '76 TR6 original owner

Hi Jeff,

We repair the holes all the time by welding shut and redressing.  A lot of
owner's forget to grease this joint regularly - it takes a good bit of force
every time you step on the pedal and there isn't much metal there to begin with.

Reply to me off list and I can fax or mail you a copy of the template I use so
you can get the holes in the right spot.

Cheers!

Brian Schlorff
Power British
610-270-0505