Re: Tach Rehab

To: triumphs@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: Tach Rehab
From: Dietmar Schlei <dschlei@pressenter.com>
Date: Sat, 03 Feb 2001 10:27:34 -0600
>The citrus cleaner is an environmental safe degreaer based on lemon oil.
It is called "Citrus Base Cleaner" (3M ID No. 34-7041-4529-0, or
62-4615-4930-5) and is non-corrosive, the silicon oil is called "Silicone
Lubricant" (3M ID No. 62-4678-4930-3) and is USDA approved and meets FDA
requirements.  Both products are made by 3M and are used for health care
and food industry purposes (I am a 3M "Labby").  The silico lubricant is
not an "oil" as such and disappears from the surface in its liquid form.
It just leaves a so called "thin film" silicone coating on the surfaces
that will not attrackt contamination but allows for low friction movement.

I started to use these products in my work on research of medical
instrumentsand they worked great, and I reached the conclusion that they
should be OK for such "rather crude" (it is all a matter of ones view
point) devices like odometers.

Dietmar