RE: Bead Blasting and OD Install?

To: "Edward Woods" <fogbro1@home.com>
Subject: RE: Bead Blasting and OD Install?
From: "Brian Sanborn" <sanborn@net1plus.com>
Date: Sat, 3 Feb 2001 17:47:33 -0500
Cc: "Triumph List" <triumphs@autox.team.net>
Thanks Ed,

I will steal the reverse idler at least.

I will take a close look with each set laid out on a table
each... opposite the other and check out clearances.

The only reason I even consider it... is that my rebuilt gearbox
is a little noisy when you first start up and have it in
neutral... clutch out. No one notices but me.  You can hear the
input shaft and layshaft gears turning away at 900 RPM.  I don't
remember that noise from the original car.  The gearbox works
perfectly otherwise and the noise seems to go away after the oil
warms up.

If the noise is normal... I'll stop chasing the problem.  I will
check the layshaft bearings carefully.

Brian Sanborn
'62 TR4  CT16260L soon to be "O" - Groton, MA

My TR4 Restoration Web Site
http://www.net1plus.com/users/sanborn
E-Mail: sanborn@net1plus.com