RE: Bead Blasting and OD Install?

To: "Irv Korey" <emanteno@attglobal.net>
Subject: RE: Bead Blasting and OD Install?
From: "Brian Sanborn" <sanborn@net1plus.com>
Date: Sat, 3 Feb 2001 10:12:18 -0500
Cc: "Triumph List" <triumphs@autox.team.net>
Thanks Irv,

I finally got through to HB and they are doing a UPS pickup and
sending the 35604.  I don't really believe them because the part
is shown as "out of stock" on the website but we will see what
happens.

Thanks I am looking forward to the OD next season. The OD is all
finished and today I will pull the gearbox that I rebuilt two
years ago from the car and rework it for the OD mainshaft and
check it out for proper bush clearances.  I am considering using
the gearset from the donor gearbox that the OD was attached to.
That gearbox was a lot younger than mine and the gears look a lot
"sharper" than what I remember on mine.  In particular, the
reverse idler is not all nicked like mine was.

I'll pull mine apart and make the comparison.  Some listers
suggested that I use the whole gearset as a unit or not at all.
That mixing and matching individual parts could be a problem.
Any opinion on That

Brian Sanborn
'62 TR4  CT16260L soon to be "O" - Groton, MA

My TR4 Restoration Web Site
http://www.net1plus.com/users/sanborn
E-Mail: sanborn@net1plus.com