Re: Fwd: Re: Triumph parts needed.

To: anabil@caltel.com, triumphs@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: Fwd: Re: Triumph parts needed.
From: "" <greenman62@hotmail.com>
Date: Mon, 05 Feb 2001 14:15:24 FILETIME=[14C5C310:01C08F7E]
The problem is that you cannot convert a non-overdrive transmission to
> >an overdrive transmission simply by adding the overdrive box.  The rear
>of
> >the overdrive transmission casing is different from the non-overdrive, as
>far
> >as I know.  Also, the tailshaft, inside the transmission, is much longer
>on
> >the overdrive transmission so that it can extend back into the overdrive
>box.

  Cheez,

    I better not let my `4 see this post... Hell it's only been about
    10 years ago that I converted a TR4 box with a TR6 OD... sure the
    cases don't exactly mate... but it does work... and it doesn't leak
    where the two cases join (I suppose it's too busy leaking somewhere
    else):O)

Greg Petrolati Champaign, Illinois       1962 TR4 (CT4852L)