TR3A: Removing Steering

To: triumphs@autox.team.net
Subject: TR3A: Removing Steering
From: David Willett & Carol Gray <willgray@region.net>
Date: Mon, 5 Feb 2001 14:59:59 -0400
Help! I am in the process of dismantling my damaged TR3A ,and am
currently attempting to remove the steering in accordance with the
instructions in the Haynes and Bentley Manuals. Both these manuals
tell me, after having removed the nyloc nut etc securing the drop arm
to the centre tie rod, to use a long tyre lever to separate the two.
I've tried this, but it seems to me I'm in danger of either bending
the tie rod or breaking the drop arm if I'm to get the drop arm to
clear the bolt the nyloc nut was attached to. Or should I be using
the lever to push the bolt out of the bushing?
  Any advice would be appreciated
  Dave
--
1957 Triumph TR 3A