Re: Wire Wheels

To: pethier@isd.net, dschlei@pressenter.com, triumphs@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: Wire Wheels
From: ArthurK101@aol.com
Date: Fri, 26 Jan 2001 17:27:09 EST
In a message dated 26-Jan-01 15:23:59 Eastern Standard Time, pethier@isd.net
writes:

> Can't recommend this.  On-car is a pain.  Does not give a nicely-balanced
> assembly,
> just one wherein all the dynamic imbalances *appear* to cancel out.  Forces
> on your wheel bearings and the like are all still there.  And it all goes to
> heck in a handbasket as soon as you disturb the wheel.  Since frequent tire
> rotation is a good idea, you can see the problems here.

Phil, sorry but I disagree.  If they are done properly they are smack on as
far as having no vibrations.  This type of balancing is also dynamic.

If you mark each wheel then you can refit it properly if you take it off to
repair a flat. But you are right about rotating the wheels.  It means that
you have to re-balance each time you rotate. I have been running mine for
quite a while and have had none of the problems which you cite.  And I have
no vibrations at any speed.  Cheers.

Art Kelly

[This message delayed, as it needed manual intervention by the list
administrator.  mjb.]