Re: A Rose by any other name?

To: "Triumph List" <triumphs@autox.team.net>, "John Macartney" <jonmac@ndirect.co.uk>
Subject: Re: A Rose by any other name?
From: "levilevi" <levilevi@home.com>
Date: Fri, 26 Jan 2001 20:39:53 -0700
> It would appear  that our august moderator and juggler of posts has
> seen fit of recent (?) times to accord himself a new title.
> It appears he is now appends the epithet 'List Janitor' to his name as
> the header to each digest.
> Perhaps Mr. Bradakis is unaware that within the UK, we broadly
> understand a 'janitor' to be someone who undertakes the
> necessary though possibly not mentally stimulating or rewarding job of
> keeping things clean - usually washrooms, and in particular the floors
> thereof in the immediate vicinity of 'essential installations.'
> On the assumption that Mr Bradakis is in blissful ignorance on this
> point, perhaps he might like to consider re-appraising what he calls
> himself?

John,

My guess is that MJB knows exactly what a janitor does.

On this side of the pond it is not considered to be as demeaning a job as
you make it out to be and besides Mark probably does consider some of the
cleanup jobs that he has to do on the lists to be cleaning up "crap".

But I would guess his use of janitor in reference to himself is more
indicative of how unpretentious he is.

But I could be wrong about this too.

Bud Rolofson

[This message delayed, as it needed manual intervention by the list
administrator.  And yes, as Bud says, I know exactly what a janitor does.
I spend a whole lot of my time cleaning up, uh, stuff, that some of the
15,000 or so of the various list members leave behind for whatever reason.
And if you look at the dates involved with this message, you might get an
idea of how far behind I've gotten lately.

On a side note, Bud stopped by a Tinker Day at the Fat Chance Garage a while
back, even though he lives over 500 miles away!  Okay, I'll admit it, he
wasn't in town just for that purpose!

And I'm probably a lot more pretentious than I'll ever admit.

mjb.]