Re: Fan (8-blade plastic fan on at TR4A)

To: <steven@cravetechnology.com>
Subject: Re: Fan (8-blade plastic fan on at TR4A)
From: "Steven McCutcheon" <Steven.McCutcheon@MAH.GOV.ON.CA>
Date: Mon, 29 Jan 2001 09:53:31 -0500
Cc: <triumphs@autox.team.net>
With all due respect Steven, I think you didn't push hard enough.  The yellow
fan fit my TR4 and worked fabulously.  When you turn it around it is a very
tight fit over the hub and may even need some gentle pursuasion depending on
the trueness(?) of your hub casting.  Persevere and you will be rewarded!  I
found it to be quieter and much more efficient and would recommend it to every
early TR owner.  (By the way, much easier to do before installing the rad!)
Steve Mc
1962 TR4
1960 TR Italia

DShoop7572@aol.com wrote:

>     Has anyone mounted the 8 bladed  plastic fan, backwards, on a TR4a or is
> this just an idea??? I need to order a fan and like the idea but would like
> to know if someone actually did this with good results.

Dave, I don't know whether a TR4A is different, but it definitely DID NOT
fit backwards on my early TR4. Possible the TR4A fan hub assembly is
smaller diameter, but TRF said it would fit, and it wouldn't. I can confirm
measurements if you need them -- I have the hub on my car, and the
yellow fan hanging decoratively on my garage wall.

[This message delayed, as it needed manual intervention by the list
administrator.  mjb.]