Re: Corvair No LBC content

To: triumphs@autox.team.net, triumphs@mcleodusa.net
Subject: Re: Corvair No LBC content
From: Dave Quirt <quirt@sk.sympatico.ca>
Date: Wed, 07 Feb 2001 20:01:28 -0600
Ken:

It would be much better for you to be looking at a '64 TR4 (obligatory
Triumph content)!!

IMHO: (1) pass on the '64 and look for a '65 or later version with the
revised rear suspension (like early Spit vs later Spit Mk4/1500), (2)
body condition (nothing special, except perhaps the cabin and trunk
floors, etc., and the underside center tunnel housing the accelerator
linkage), (3) cooling ductwork for the air-cooled engine (no missing
panels and decent seals), and (4) engine oil leaks (possibly a sign of
overheating).

Dave Q.
TR3A
(former '65 & '67 Corvair coupe owner)

>from Ken Gano:
> Sorry to bomb the list and for the lack of LBC content, but I need to become
>a five minute expert on Corvairs.<
>
> Today, I stopped and looked at a 1964 4 door coupe locally.  From my LIMITED
>LBC experience, it looked solid, but I would like to hear from someone who can
>direct me towards specific things I should be looking at.
In advance, thank you and please, respond off list.<