Re: Corvair No LBC content

To: "Ken Gano" <triumphs@mcleodusa.net>
Subject: Re: Corvair No LBC content
From: "Scott A. Roberts" <herald1200@home.com>
Date: Wed, 7 Feb 2001 18:43:10 -0500
Cc: "Triumph List" <triumphs@autox.team.net>
>From what little I know about Corvairs, I'd first look at the usual things
you'd look at for LBCs- body condition, leaks, etc.

Then, look well over the engine- make sure all the sealing plates around the
engine are in place- The air cooled engine had a specific ducting scheme,
and all the plates and blocks need to be in place for it to cool properly.
Also, check out the seals on the plates- they tend to dry out and crack..

I don't have, nor have I had a Corvair, but I had a friend who did.

Scott
64 Herald 1200 Convertible