Pinion Seal

To: Justin Paxton <justin@bexel.com>
Subject: Pinion Seal
From: David Massey <105671.471@compuserve.com>
Date: Thu, 8 Feb 2001 09:10:25 -0500
Cc: Triumph Newsletter <triumphs@autox.team.net>
Message text written by Justin Paxton
>I recently replaced my pinion seal on my 59 TR3A and although it slowed a
significant leak down considerably, alas, it still leaks.  Believe it or
not, it seems to be coming out the center of the shaft that the yolk bolts
to.  Is that possible?  Someone said they have heard of that but didn't
know
how to fix it.  Advice?
<

Sure.  The oil finds its way along the splines between the shaft and the
flange and then leaks past the nut and washer.  How to fix?  Don't know but
the first thing I would try is to apply a layer of Hylomar HPF to the flat
washer on both sides and hope that provides a seal.

Dave