Re: Radiator Temperatures/TR4 Original Metal Fan 30^ AM

To: "Sherman D. Taffel" <staffel@home.com>, Triumph <triumphs@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: Radiator Temperatures/TR4 Original Metal Fan 30^ AM
From: Steven Newell <steven@cravetechnology.com>
Date: Thu, 08 Feb 2001 11:02:26 -0700
"Sherman D. Taffel" wrote:

> Steve in Denver, and Greg in Chicago: I'd be interested in what you get
> in a similar test with fan (Steve) and no fan (electric Greg); if your
> so inclined to 'play'! Its suppose to get to 60^ Friday, I'll see what I
> get then in both 'test conditions, and report back.

Sherman, I'm game but ice and snow overnight and heavy snow this a.m.
will keep the TR4 in the garage. And fresh powder will put me in the
mountains by Friday night. ;-) But I'll take a shot when time and weather
allow. On Monday the cardboard I used covered 2/3 of the radiator and
kept the gauge several degrees left of center on the drive in w/ OAT in
the 20s, and a degree or two left of center on the drive home, arguably
in the 40s. I probably will need to cover the entire radiator and wear a
hat for temps at freezing or below.

Joe Alexander got a TR3(B?) fan hub assembly to me recently, thanks
Joe!, so I'll be trying that with the yellow fan when I have the radiator
leak repaired. But I'm sure I can try your experiment first....

--
Steven Newell
Denver, CO