Re: TR4 Early Dash/Facia Panel

To: bradlnss@lightspeed.net, triumphs@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: TR4 Early Dash/Facia Panel
From: "" <greenman62@hotmail.com>
Date: Thu, 08 Feb 2001 17:40:19 FILETIME=[34C8EFA0:01C091F6]
>From: "Brad Eells" <bradlnss@lightspeed.net>
>To: "Triumph Team. Net" <triumphs@autox.team.net>
>Subject: TR4 Early Dash/Facia Panel
>Date: Thu, 8 Feb 2001 09:03:25 -0800
>
>I am in need of an original dash/facia panel for an early TR4 (CT 3898LO).
>
>Does anyone know if there are significant differences between the early
>panel that was painted and the later wood veneer covered part. The part
>numbers are different.

  AFIK, The early TR4 dashes were all steel, and painted white...
  regardess the color of the car. The wood dash was an after market item
  until it was offered as an option (I think) the following year. I have
  a steel dash in my `4 so I can speak to any specific questions you
  have regarding it. The wood dash was veneer covered plywood, not steel.
  I haven't looked at the back of the wood dash so I can't speak to how
  it was attached.

Greg Petrolati Champaign, Illinois       1962 TR4 (CT4852L)