Re: TR4 Early Dash/Facia Panel

To: triumphs@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: TR4 Early Dash/Facia Panel
From: ArthurK101@aol.com
Date: Thu, 8 Feb 2001 13:06:14 EST
In a message dated 08-Feb-01 12:42:06 Eastern Standard Time,
greenman62@hotmail.com writes:

> AFIK, The early TR4 dashes were all steel, and painted white...
>   regardess the color of the car. The wood dash was an after market item
>   until it was offered as an option (I think) the following year. I have
>   a steel dash in my `4 so I can speak to any specific questions you
>   have regarding it. The wood dash was veneer covered plywood, not steel.
>   I haven't looked at the back of the wood dash so I can't speak to how
>   it was attached.

Greg is correct.  My research shows that the wood veneered dash became
standard equipment (not an option) in the Spring of '64.  I ordered my car in
Jan '64 and when I picked it up in England in June '64 it had the wood dash
already installed.  My car came off the line on May 15 '64.  The wood dash is
plywood with a Mahogany veneer and is held in place by 5 chrome headed screws.

Art Kelly '64 TR4 CT33118L (original owner/factory pickup)
VTR TR4 vehicle consultant