RE: TR4 Early Dash/Facia Panel

To: "Brad Eells" <bradlnss@lightspeed.net>, "Triumph Team. Net" <triumphs@autox.team.net>
Subject: RE: TR4 Early Dash/Facia Panel
From: Brian Sanborn <sanborn@net1plus.com>
Date: Thu, 8 Feb 2001 16:20:52 -0500
>===== Original Message From "Brad Eells" <bradlnss@lightspeed.net> =====
>I am in need of an original dash/facia panel for an early TR4 (CT 3898LO).
>
>Does anyone know if there are significant differences between the early
>panel that was painted and the later wood veneer covered part. The part
>numbers are different.

Brad,

I have an early 62 TR4 and I actually retro-ed my car back to original from a
POs installation of an aftermarket wood dash.  All TR4s and up through TR6
have the steel dash/facia. The only difference is the thin wood cover that is
installed over the steal dash and a wood glove box cover in lieu of the steel
original.  One of my POs had painted the steel dash black and installed the
wood dash overlay.  Could have happened back in 1964 for all I know.

Your car should have the original white dash look with the curved instrument
glass and silver instrument bezel.  Getting back to original is a simple job
of stripping off the wood and finding a metal glovebox cover and hinges.  I
kind lister provided me with mine back in '98.  I removed the steel dash
piece, as I had the whole interior about for refurbishing, and had the dash
piece painted in Spa White by a local body shop.

I think it looks really good in white... check the website for detailed info
and pictures.

Brian Sanborn
62 TR4  CT16260L soon to be "O" - Groton, MA

My TR4 Restoration Web Site
http://www.net1plus.com/users/sanborn
E-Mail: sanborn@net1plus.com