Early TR4A Center Dash Support - summary

To: iron_horse819@yahoo.com, triumphs@autox.team.net
Subject: Early TR4A Center Dash Support - summary
From: CarlSereda@aol.com
Date: Sat, 10 Feb 2001 16:51:38 EST
Raymond,
I've seen the volcano lipped type TR4A 'dash supports' you speak of (versus
the flat top later ones) reupholstered in black vinyl with slight padding to
very good effect.
The one I recall had two seams where the stick shift protrusion part attaches
to upright portion but looked absolutely great (considering you can't find
the new covers). Much rather see that than a wood attempt there. (IMO)
I believe the one I saw was done by a professional upholsterer.
Carl
'63 TR4 since '74

>>>Subject: Early TR4A Center Dash Support - summary
>From esponses I received, I am forced to conclude that the early TR4A is
without luck for a new cover.  I wish to say thank you to those persons who
thought it could be gotten from the big 3 - but the one they have is for the
later, flat top support.
Well, I'm kicking around an idea for making  a wooden overlay/console for it
match the dash ... if it works, I'll let y'all know. <<<