Re: Save our hobby revisited (USA centric, long)

To: "Randall Young" <ryoung@NAVCOMTECH.COM>, "Triumphs" <triumphs@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: Save our hobby revisited (USA centric, long)
From: "Fred Thomas" <vafred@erols.com>
Date: Mon, 12 Feb 2001 15:23:57 -0500
In the Virginia Senate about 5 years ago we had a bill just the opposite of
your Calf. bill along with a provision in this bill to eliminate the
personel property tax on cars 25 years and older, a move was started such as
Rick F has suggested, except here the supporters went to "Every" car club in
the state and the clubs sent etters, phonevisit, anyway that brought
attention to our antique cars, the speaker from Roanoke Virgina let all
state senators know these cars were the exact same use as stamps or
paintings, used very seldom, then used in every town in the state on special
occasions and not only supported a good hobby, but also suupported every
town in the state with shows, parades, and created a great amount of
interest in small communites as well, the bill passed the legislature 99 to
0,only auto bill ever to do so, now we are exempt from taxes as well as
inspections and emissons, clubs and people, the more you have the stronger
your voice, a few people make noise, a crowd is heard.  "FT"