Any editors? (No LBC content of any value)

To: triumphs@autox.team.net
Subject: Any editors? (No LBC content of any value)
From: "Boothroyd, Frank" <Frank.Boothroyd@northatlantic.nf.ca>
Date: Mon, 12 Feb 2001 16:03:20 -0330
Hi folks.  Sorry to bomb the list with this, but I just got another
rejection letter for a manuscript.  It feels just like that time last fall
when I took off my first ever TR6 main bearing and discovered my first ever
scored TR6 crankshaft.

Are any of you non-fiction book editors?  Have any of you ever married one
or more?  Are any of you having illicit affairs with some?

If so, please tell him or her or them that you know this Canadian,
LBC-owning biologist whose American literary agent has just forwarded him
another rejection letter for his humorous, popular-science manuscript titled
HAD DARWIN BEEN A SPORTS FAN: THE ECOLOGY OF PRO ATHLETES.  Please tell the
editors that the humor ISN'T too Canadian or too British for the US market,
tell 'em that sports fans DO know how to read, tell 'em nature lovers WILL
buy books without cuddly animal pictures, tell 'em... hell, tell 'em
anything.  I'll go along with it.

Again, sorry to bomb the list, but I'm desperate.  If I don't sell this book
my beloved CF369U won't get the engine-ectomy and tranny-tuck she so
desperately needs.  THINK OF MY BABY!!!!!!!!

Thanks for your time.  Over and out.
Frank
'73 TR6