Re: Bumpers : Rechrome vs. Buying new

To: <corey.sherman@rcn.com>, " TR list" <triumphs@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: Bumpers : Rechrome vs. Buying new
From: TeriAnn Wakeman <twakeman@cruzers.com>
Date: Mon, 12 Feb 01 14:10:49 -0800
>I would like the list's
>opinion on the best route to go: Rechrome vs. Buying new.

To keep costs down, the chrome on reproduction parts is darn right
crappy.  I've had NEW bumpers. headlamp rims, hinges and more rust within
a year of putting them on.  Also reproduction parts are often not as well
made as original parts.

I would strongly advise triple plate rechroming over buying reproduction
crap whenever possible.  If you don't know where to have it done check
with your local Harley Davidson custom shop.  They will know the best
most local source.

Yes after having wasted hundreds of dollars buying reproduction parts
with crappy chrome from Moss and TRF I'm still upset.

TeriAnn

         Http:www.shadow-catcher.net

Original photographs to view and purchase.